Please read the rules and regulations for all our tours.
1) Curi-Cancha Reserve is open from 7 am to 3 pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
2) Curi-Cancha Reserve reserves the right to refuse admission or to cancel tours due to weather conditions, natural disasters or any other unforeseen circumstances (force majeure).
3) All visitors must sign a Mutual Accountability Agreement (Waiver). The signing of the agreement is a fundamental requirement to join the tours and use the facilities at Curi-Cancha Reserve.
4) Visitors may walk the trails on their own, but we do recommend taking a guided tour to improve your experience and learn more about the local flora and fauna.
5) All visitors must cancel the daily admission fee as well as any other applicable fees, based on the services provided, to enter the Reserve.
6) Visitors between the ages of 0 - 6 enter free of charge.
7) Visitors over the age of 7 must pay.
8) Visitors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
9) Please save your proof of payment while on the premises; Curi-Cancha Reserve personnel may request it at any time.
10) Respect and follow all recommendations, instructions and safety regulations provided by Curi-Cancha Reserve personnel.
11) For your own safety, stay on the trails established for visitor use and do not enter restricted areas.
12) Do not make noise or do things to disturb or frighten the animals. Respect the silence of nature and other visitors.
13) Prohibited activities include:
14) The use and possession of alcoholic beverages and controlled substances, as established by the law on Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and Drugs of Unauthorized Use, of Costa Rica. Any person who appears to be under the influence of one these products will be denied access to the Reserve or will be asked to leave.
15) Filming for commercial purposes, without the proper authorization of Curi-Cancha Reserve, is strictly forbidden.
16) Safety instructions provided by Curi-Cancha personnel are mandatory.
17) Visitors who fail to comply with any of the instructions and safety regulations provided by Curi-Cancha Reserve personnel, will be invited to leave the premises without a refund.
What to bring:
Copy of your passport, driver's license or some other valid picture ID that must be presented when you sign the mutual liability agreement required to enter the Reserve. Closed, comfortable shoes, long pants, water, insect repellent, sunscreen and a waterproof jacket.
Your collaboration with the maintenance and operation of Curi-Cancha Reserve ensures that we may all continue to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of the cloud forest.
We have the perfect tour for you
We can offer you a walk along beautiful natural trails with an experienced guide and see different species of birds and mammals. If you are looking for something different, walking in the forest at night is a magical experience to enjoy the nightly symphony of frogs and insects. We can also offer you a specialized tour with an expert guide that focuses on bird observation. Or if you prefer, a private a tour catered to your interests.
Click below to discover what each of our tours can offer to you.
* All our tours requires a previous reservation.